Get your vegetables the fun way. These dippers are small patties that you can pick up with your fingers.
Eat them plain or dip them into your favorite sauce.
¾ cup lentils
2 cups broccoli florets, fresh
1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
½ cup shredded carrots
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon dried basil
¾ cup breadcrumbs, divided
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse and drain the lentils. Place the lentils in a medium-large saucepan. Pour in ½ cup water. Place the pan on high heat and bring to a boil. When the water comes to a boil, turn down to medium high and cook for 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender. All the water should be absorbed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add water to a medium saucepan with a steamer insert and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli to the insert and steam over boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove from steamer and set aside.
- Mix ground chia seeds with 3 tablespoons water in a small bowl.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, except ¼ cup breadcrumbs. Process until well combined, with a crumbly texture. Divide mixture into twelve pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and then flatten them into patties. Coat each patty, on each side, with the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet to medium high and brown the patties for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with dairy-free chipotle mayonnaise or any of your other favorite spicy dipping sauces.
Protein: 6 grams per serving (2 patties)
Active Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes