PREP TIME: 20 minutes
2 medium aubergines, sliced
2 medium courgette (zucchinis), sliced
Tomato passata sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220 oC.
- Place the aubergine and courgette slices on a baking paper.
- Sprinkle them with a bit of olive oil, season with salt & freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for 5 minutes, until they become soft.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven
- Add tomato sauce and a basil leaf on top
- Sprinkle with the Violife Grated with Mild cheddar flavour.
- Replace in the oven and bake for another 8-10 minutes.
Tip: Add some fresh chilli for an extra kick
To make your own Tomato Sauce
(serves 6 or makes more for another day)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (700g) jar passata
- 450ml (16 fl oz) water
- 175g (6 oz) tomato purée
- 3 leaves fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, sauté onion in the oil until golden brown.
- Add passata, water, tomato purée, a pinch of sugar, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Let the sauce come to the boil, then reduce heat to low and stir occasionally to desired thickness.
- The sauce is ready when oil rises to the top.
Original Recipe: https://violifefoods.com/recipe/mini-veggie-pizzas-violife-grated-mild-cheddar-flavour/